We had a lovely Spring Term with the fantastic Lewin staff treating the parent’s to a Mother’s Day Lunch and then a brilliant Easter Bonnet Parade at the end of term.
We can’t wait to see you all at our disco next Friday 15th March!
Our Christmas fair is this Saturday 8th December from 12-3pm. We can’t wait to see you all there!
Full time Early Years Practitioner
Required for forward-looking multi-cultural Pre-School.
We are looking for an early years practitioner who is motivated, enthusiastic and looking for a rewarding challenge working in an early years setting.
We are a pre-school affiliated to the Pre-School Learning Alliance, offering full and part-time care for 2-4 year old children.
Main duties: To work as part of a team providing stimulating learning through play and planning educational activities using the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
Hours of work: 8am-3.30pm (term-time only).
Candidates must hold a relevant childcare qualification. Experience of working with children essential. The successful candidates should be committed to delivering excellent childcare. Must be sympathetic to the ethos of Streatham Baptist Church.
Application to: Andrée Smith, Lewin Pre-School, 11A Natal Road, Streatham SW16 6JA.
Tel: 0208 677 9450
Closing day for the returned completed job application form is 2nd November.
We have a number of lovely activities taking place at the pre school this term. Some are for current pre school children only, and some are open to all.
- Tuesday 9th October: Cake sale – current pre school children and parents / carers only.
- Wednesday 17th October: International Evening 4.30pm-6.30pm This event is for current pre school children, friends and parents/carers only. International Evening is organised to welcome all the families to the Pre-School and to get to know each other. It is a good opportunity to celebrate each of our families’ cultures. Bring food from your own country to share, non-alcoholic drinks, music and
flags. You can also dress up in your national costume or the colour of your country’s flag.
- Friday 16th November: 4.30pm-6.30pm Winter Disco – join us for dancing, games, food and fun! Everyone welcome.
- Tuesday 27th November: 3.15pm-6pm Pottery Cafe – join us at the pre school to create some festive pottery, perfect for presents and gifts. Everyone welcome.
- Tuesday 4th December: 1.30pm Nativity play – current pre school children and parents / carers only.
- Saturday 8th December: Christmas Fair – everyone welcome.
- Thursday 20th December: Last day and Christmas Party for current preschool children and parents / carers.
Please see our FaceBook page for details of fundraising events which are open to all.
Autumn/Winter Term: September-December 2018
Monday 10 September – Friday 19 October
Monday 29 October – Thursday 20 December
Monday 22 October – Friday 26 October ( Half Term)
Friday 09 November (Inset Day)
Friday 21 December – Friday 04 January (Holiday)
Winter/Spring Term: January-March 2019
Monday 07 January – Friday 15 February
Monday 25 February – Friday 05 April
Monday 18 February – Friday 22 February (Half Term)
Monday 08 April – Monday 22 April (Holiday)
Spring/Summer Term April-July 2019
Monday 23 April – Friday 24 May
Monday 03 June – Friday 19 July
Monday 06 May (Bank Holiday)
Monday 27 May – Friday 31 May (Half Term)
On Friday 8th June, parents and carers at Lewin organised a lovely teddy bear’s picnic as a fundraising activity for the preschool on Streatham Common. The children met in the Rookery for music, fun and games before embarking on a treasure hunt across the common with prizes for all! We then enjoyed a teddy bear raffle before sitting down to a picnic. A beautiful sunny afternoon was rounded off with a special reading of We’re Going On a Bear Hunt and of course, lots and lots of bubbles. Grand total to be revealed, but with over 40 tickets sold we hope we have raised lots of funds!
A HUGE thanks to all the parents and carers who drove this wonderful afternoon of memory-making. Please enjoy a few photos from the afternoon.
We have so much going on at Lewin during the Summer term. Here are some key dates for the diary. Phew! We hope to see you at as many of them as possible.
Photographer on Tuesday 22nd May from 9am – 2:30pm
An award-winning photographer will be coming in to take photos. Current parents and carers will have received a letter with further details.
Pottery Cafe on Wednesday 23rd May from 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Come and paint a father’s day gift and raise money for the preschool at the same time! Always a fabulous afternoon.
Half term – 28th May – 1st June
Friday 8th June – Summer walk and teddy bear’s picnic
Details to follow
Saturday 16th June – Summer Fair from 2pm – 5pm
Join us for a traditional summer fete – everyone welcome.
Friday 29th June – Summer Disco from 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Lewin’s legendary Summer disco – everyone welcome.
Friday 6th July – Sports Day
Details to follow
Tuesday 17th July – Summer BBQ
Details to follow
Last day of term is Friday 20th July